About The Generals' Quarters Inn
The Generals' Quarters Inn features a beautifully restored Victorian home built circa 1872. Located just 84 miles east of Memphis and 124 miles west of Huntsville, the Inn sits in the historic downtown district in Corinth, Mississippi. Rated as one of the Top Ten Bed and Breakfasts' in the state, the Inn is surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens featuring hundred year old Oak trees, Magnolia trees, roses and azaleas. Relax and watch the world go by from one of the many comfortable benches, swings or chairs which can be found in the gardens. See more photos

The Generals' Quarters Inn History
The Generals' Quarters Inn was built as St. Jude's Episcopal Church in 1869 on the foundation of the original church destroyed on the retreat from Shiloh. The parishers used their land as collateral and it was taken by the bank when they were unable to make payments.

In 1872, it was purchased by A. B. Dillworth, treasurer of the Mississippi confederacy for his daughter, Fanny's wedding to Confederate Major George Washington Bynum. She converted the church into a home.

In 1910, it was purchased by Judge Linden. He died there in 1920.

The next owners were Mr. and Mrs. Ramer who purchased it as their home. Mr. Ramer was VP of the Saville Duvall Coffee Company. The company later become Maxwell House Coffee after a merger with another company. Mrs. Ramer ran the home as a bording house after her husband's death.

In the 1960s, the house was purchased by WO Hathcock (known for involvement with the notorious state line mob) and was used as a bordello until the 1980s.

The house was is great disrepair when it was purchased in 1985 by a local realtor, doctor and judge. They begain the renovations and used it as a restaurant and bar naming it The Generals' Quarters to honor the over 200 Generals who occupied Corinth.

Current owners, Luke and Charlotte Doehner purchased the home in 1994 and completely re-renovated it saving as much of the original features as possible.

Before Luke and Charlotte moved to Mississippi, the two were employed for the Marriott Corporation. Charlotte was a area manager responsible for operations in five states, while Luke worked as a accomplished chef.

"We love Corinth - it is everything we have ever dreamed of. We own a business and live in the heart of downtown. There is, without a question, no place we would rather be."

- Luke & Charlotte

Follow us on Facebook

924 Fillmore Street | Corinth, Mississippi 38834
662-286-3325 | info@thegeneralsquarters.com

© The Generals' Quarters. Site design byzacksteen.com